- Kathy – Mother, friend, confidant. She wears multiple hats in my life and I am so blessed to have her as my mom.
- John – Father… As nerdy as he can be at times, his heart is always in the right place. He is always there, making sure his marbear is smiling.
- Phoebe – Oldest, youngest sister. She is fearless, I think you would have to be to serve our country in the military and spend a year in Iraq.
- JC – My one and only brother. He has a heart of gold. Like me, he is compassionate for others and will be an awesome teacher.
- Hannah – Youngest sister. Intelligent, hard worker and my partner in crime… If I need to talk, she is there ready to listen.
- Grandma Peggy – I have to list her, she has always been there through thick and thin. She is one of my many prayer warriors. If I need spiritual advice, she is there to supply.
- Grandpa Keith – He a major reason for my passion for medicine. If I can be half the doctor and man he has been, I will be truly blessed. Our favorite past time is getting grandma all worked up and working on the newspaper crossword together. 🙂
- Deborah – I love this gal!! She is there for me in so many ways, I am so glad to have her. I love spending time with her family – Jake (her husband) and their 2 girls, Ava and Kyleigh.
- Amy – We have been through thick and thin since high school. We have shed many tears together. She is just awesome!
- Jami – HS friend who lives overseas now. We don’t see each other much, but she lives life to the fullest.
- Shanna – HS friend who lives in FL. Someday she and her husband will live overseas running a B&B.
- Stephanie – HS friend who live in CO. Always willing to do some of the more non-traditional fun with me.
- Gannon – HS friend in the military. We understand each other, best way to describe our friendship.
- Terri – Former roommate from my undergrad days, but is still a huge part of my life. We may live far away, but she is always a friendly phone call away.
- Jamie – Former roommate from my undergrad days, she is the theatrical one. She will stage manage on Broadway one day and I will go see her do what she loves!
- Jess – Choir friend who is fabulous! We can read each others’ mind and it always drove the boys nuts.
- Bryan – One of the boys and is the ham bone of the bunch, always has to make some comment to make you think twice about him.
- Pretzel (Daniel) – One of the boys, he always finds a way to make you laugh despite how you are feeling.
- Brian – One of the boys, thoughtful and always a shoulder to lean on.
- Paul – Good friend who I met through another friend in undergrad. He is an amazing man of God, he has a passion for working with the youth.
- Shannon and Phil Schroetter – Shannon was my bio nerd friend, we spent many a nights locked in the bio building working on our research together. Phil lived down the hall from me. He is full of life and was always up for hanging out!
- Anna – Was first my classmate, then a roommate, and now is one of the greatest women of God I have the privilege to call friend. She has one of the biggest hearts for giving and serving God’s people.
- Rebekah – Anna’s sister who was also a roommate. She one amazing and unique gal who just loves life being God’s hands and feet here on Earth.
- Casandra – Also a roommate, but has become a great friend (thanks God!). She is also another person I can turn to for advice and just to tell me “umm Mary, no.”
- Grace – Anna’s youngest sibling. She just makes me smile, full of spunk. If you knew her, you would understand. 🙂
- Joshua – Brother to Anna . He is a thinker and I find his perspective interesting, gives you something to think about.
- Timothy – Brother to Anna. He somehow makes me laugh everytime I see him.
- Daniel – Brother to Anna. I like sit back and listen to him when he gets into a conversation he is passionate about.
- John – Brother to Anna. John is always going and doing something, he is a mover and a shaker.
- Mary and Paul Menter – Anna’s parents. They have hearts of gold and I have been blessed that they have invited me to many family meals and functions while living in Lincoln.
- Jose – My NYC guy. Always up for something fun and made school fun.
- Kalina – My latina! She is a great woman of God, she and her husband were my pals to hangout with and just be random with.
- Brenda – My SD mom. A study buddy and always up for a good laugh.